Welcome to St Mark’s Episcopal Church!

St. Mark’s Episcopal Church invites everyone to the inaugural event of their quarterly Arts and Lecture Series.

The first program, Thursday, October 23 at 6:30 p.m. at St. Mark’s, will be cosponsored by Friends of Raymond.

A 30-minute video sharing the history of Friends of Raymond, and detailing their story of the preservation of the historic site of the Battle of Raymond, will be shown. The program concludes with a Q and A with Brigadier General (ret.) Parker Hills, followed by a reception at the parish hall, newly named The Tullos House, honoring Isla and Max Tullos and their long years of service to St. Mark’s. The Tullos House is on Oak Street, down the hill from the church at 109 N Oak St, Raymond, MS 39154.

Friends of Raymond was founded in 1998 as a non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation, management, education, and interpretation of Raymond’s history and historical sites. As a celebration of their 25 plus years, Friends of Raymond worked with Thaxton Studios to produce a video documenting the Battle of Raymond site preservation story.

The video tells a fascinating tale of the excavation and site research, and how the Battle of Raymond story was documented!

Anyone interested in Raymond history will enjoy the program, and all are welcome to this free event!

St. Mark’s Episcopal Church  – Arts and Lecture Series.

At St. Marks, we celebrate the Holy Eucharist Sunday mornings at 9am. In the absence of a priest, we have Morning Prayer.

We periodically offer evening concerts or lectures. Please watch our Facebook page for details.

St. Mark’s Episcopal Church is located at 205 West Main St., in the heart of historic Raymond, Mississippi.

Contact St. Mark’s through email st.marksepiscopalraymondms@gmail.com

or through our P.O.Box 885, Raymond, MS 39154.

O God, Bless, we pray, this Columbarium, and grant eternal peace to those interred herein.

In the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen

Our History

St. Mark’s Episcopal, the oldest church structure in the town of Raymond, Mississippi, was organized as a congregation in 1837. However, the church was not built until 1854. The National Register of Historic Places makes reference to St. Mark’s … “The church dates from the same time as most of the antebellum homes in town. The church utilizes both Greek and Gothic revival motifs. ” During the Civil War the church suffered a great deal of damage while being used as a hospital for Union soldiers. In 1866 Bishop Green stated … “the church was robbed of its benches during the time it was used as a hospital.” Blood stains are still visible on the old pine floors.

Contact

Email us at st.marksepiscopalraymondms@gmail.com.

Mail to the church:
 P.O. Box 885, Raymond, MS 39154

Copyright © 2026 - St. Mark's Episcopal Church - Raymond, Mississippi